Safe Kids Pee Dee/Coastal provides tips for Burn Safety Month | Families
PEE DEE, SC (WMBF) February is Scald and Burn Month and Safe Kids Pee Dee/Coastal is reminding families to take caution year-round.
Burn and scald injuries are some of the most painful children can suffer. Safe Kids Pee Dee/Coastal would like to offer the following safety tips:
- Kitchen safety is a must.
- Never leave the kitchen while you are cooking. If you must leave the room, take the child with you.
- Never carry or hold children and hot foods or liquids at the same time.
- It is always best to cook with pots and pans on back burners and turn handles away from the front.
- Keep hot foods and liquids away from table and counter edges.
- Removing tablecloths from tables can also help to prevent accidents.
- Do not allow young children to use the microwave.
For more information on preventing injuries in children, visit the Safe Kids website.
Copyright 2012 WMBF News. All rights reserved.