Road construction update: Feb. 12-18 | News
HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) The following construction projects are scheduled to begin or continue this week, and may cause delays as you commute to and from work.
The following projects are set to begin or continue this week, provided by Horry County:
- US-378 – 8 BRIDGE REPLACEMENT PROJECT (Horry Construction)
Descr: This project will replace 8 bridges on US 378 in Horry and Marion counties. The project begins 2 miles west of the intersection of US-378 and SC-908 in Marion County, and ends less than a mile from the intersection of US-378 and Pee Dee Highway in Horry County. The project is approximately 8 miles long. The new bridges will be built next to the existing bridges so the road will remain open, but the speed limit on this section of US-378 has been reduced to 45 mph. The anticipated completion date is winter of 2011.
Status: Periodic lane closures are expected. Completion date is scheduled for May 31, 2012 but may extend into July.
- SC-31 Carolina Bays Parkway Extension – Phase I (Horry Construction)
Descr: This phase of the extension of SC-31 involves clearing and earthwork operations from SC-544 to Peachtree Road. As part of this work several sections of roads will be permanently closed. Melissa Drive, Monroe Circle, Jones Road and Stable Road.
Status: Road closures in the Socastee area due to SC 31 clearing project. Melissa Lane will be closed. Monroe Circle will be closed from Jones Road to Melissa Lane. A portion of Jones Road will also be closed.
- US 501 Aynor Overpass Project (Marion Construction)
Descr: Construction of an overpass over US Route 501 in the Town of Aynor.
Status: Aynor Overpass - US 501 has a new traffic pattern for bridge construction. The speed limit has been changed in the work zone to 35 MPH. Bluewater Road is closed for bridge construction. No closures are expected during the week.
- US 17 BYPASS & 707 Interchange Improvement (Consultant)
Discr: This project will be the construction of an overpass at US 17 and SC 707.
Status: Lane Closures U.S. 17 from approximately 3/4 mile north of SC RT 544 to SC RT 707/Farrow Parkway. The inside lanes north bound will be closed from 8:00PM to 7:00AM Sunday thru Thursday nights.
- Crow Lane – the most westerly intersection will be closed. The east intersection will be open without any interruption during this period. Emory Road access to U.S. RT 17 closed at this location. All traffic must access U.S. RT 17 off Old Socastee Hwy & Shetland Lane.
- Main Street (Andrews SC) – Shoulder closures for sidewalk repair – Monday thru Friday 8am-5pm.
- Hwy 17 By-Pass @ Garden City Connector – Lane closures at Indigo Club Dr. for turn lane Installation Tuesday thru Thursday 8am-5pm.
- Hwy 17 (Pawleys Island) – Lane closures at Georgieville Road for paving Monday 8am-5pm.
Copyright 2012 WMBF News. All rights reserved.