Road construction update: March 4 - March 10 | Transportation
HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) The following construction projects are scheduled to begin or continue this week, and may cause delays as you commute to and from work.
The following projects are set to begin or continue this week, provided by Horry County:
- 26.185B US-378 – 8 BRIDGE REPLACEMENT PROJECT (Horry Construction)
Descr: This project will replace 8 bridges on US 378 in Horry and Marion counties. The project begins 2 miles west of the intersection of US-378 and SC-908 in Marion County, and ends less than a mile from the intersection of US-378 and Pee Dee Highway in Horry County. The project is approximately 8 miles long. The new bridges will be built next to the existing bridges so the road will remain open, but the speed limit on this section of US-378 has been reduced to 45 mph. The anticipatedcompletion date is winter of 2011.
Status: Periodic lane closures are expected. Completion date is scheduled for May 31, 2012 but may extend into July.
- 26.036776AR1 SC-31 CAROLINA BAYS PARKWAY EXTENSION – PHASE I (Horry Construction)
Descr: This phase of the extension of SC-31 involves clearing and earthwork operations from SC-544 to Peachtree Road. As part of this work several sections of roads will be permanently closed. Melissa Drive, Monroe Circle, Jones Road and Stable Road.
Status: Road closures in the Socastee area due to SC 31 clearing project. Melissa Lane will be closed. Monroe Circle will be closed from Jones Road to Melissa Lane. A portion of Jones Road will also be closed.
- US 501 AYNOR OVERPASS PROJECT (Marion Construction)
Descr: Construction of an overpass over US Route 501 in the Town of Aynor.
Status: Aynor Overpass - US 501 has a new traffic pattern for bridge construction. The speed limit has been changed in the work zone to 35 MPH. Bluewater Road is closed for bridge construction.
- 26.036774A US17BYPASS & 707 INTERCHANGE IMPROVEMENT (Consultant)
Descr: This project will be the constructionof an overpass at US17 and SC707.
Status: No lane closures are expected during the week on US 17. Crow Lane – the most westerly intersection will be closed. The east intersection will be open without any interruption during this period. Emory Road access to U.S. RT 17 closed at this location. All traffic must access U.S. RT 17 off Old Socastee Hwy & Shetland Lane.
- Hwy 17 @ Garden City Connector – Lane closures for turn lane installation at Indigo Creek Drive – Monday thru Thursday – 8am-5pm
- Main Street – Andrews, SC – Shoulder closures for sidewalk repair – Monday thru Friday – 8am-5pm
- Hwy 17@ Westport Drive – NMB – Shoulder closures for signal installation Monday thru Friday – 8am-5pm
Copyright 2012 WMBF News. All rights reserved.